I know we've posted pictures of the nursery before, but these are the truly finished pictures of the nursery. As I mentioned, Kate helped us a lot with the finishing touches, and we LOVE our room, and hope our little girl does as well!
We'll start off with a picture of the amazing lady who helped this nursery come into being! She pretty much sewed all of the fabric things in the nursery (I'll highlight them as we go) ... she's so talented and I'm so thankful that we're friends, as this nursery wouldn't be half as great without her!
This is a good overview picture of the nursery, now on to some of the more specific corners/areas.
The photo board below actually has more pictures on it now, but was thought of, designed, and made by Kate! We had a piece of foam that didn't really have a purpose and now it does as both decoration as well as sound absorption. The chair is a POANG chair from Ikea, it's not a rocker but bounces some. My seamstress friend sewed the Bobby Pillow you see (from a picture), the pillows & pillow cases, and the curtains!
Here is our changing table area. We already had the dresser but weren't really using it in our room so we moved it over to her room. I had found the picture frame at a local store and place pictures of our parent's wedding days and Dan & my wedding day. In this picture my friend sewed the cover fro the changing pad - just by looking at the old version and the black liners in the basket! Here are the finished sound absorption/decoration panels. They turned out great! My friend sewed the black "ribbons" holding the panels as well as the sheets for the crib (as well as mattress cover, which you can't see, and the crib skirt (which you can barely see). On the bottom panel to the left of the maroon flower we're planning to put her name... letters are cut out but we'll wait until her arrive to glue them to the panel. :) I'm so happy with how these panels turned out! Thanks to Kate & Dan for all their help!
Here are some pictures of Kate & I working on them.
Overall I would say that the nursery might be the favorite room of our house now. Probably because we've spent WAY more time thinking through and putting together and buying things for it than any other room. It also just has a comfy warm feel to it. We can't wait for our little girl to come and spend time in it!
2 comments:
SO cute! You guys definitely did a great job! Now that baby girl just needs to put the finishing touch- herself - and come!! :)
I love all the posts! Can't wait for the one on baby girl! Love you guys!
Post a Comment