At the beginning of November Lynn (with some of her American friends) took a Women's Weekend to Bodrum! It was a lot of fun, and especially needed by Rachael & Sheryl as the kids stayed home with the dads! We had a great time shopping, eating at Burger King & pizza, going to GAP (but now buying anything cause it's SOOOO expensive here!), drinking Starbucks, and more!

A big cactus... we don't have these in Van (Turkey is very diverse - like the USA).

At the Airport in Istanbul (we had a layover) drinking my holiday coffee (not quite the same flavors we have in the states for the holidays, but good non-the-less!)

Yes, we did find a GAP! Amazing and a little taste of home!

The view out of our hotel window - it was so nice to fall asleep to the sound of lapping waves!

The marina - I've never seen so many sailboats!

Another view from our hotel window...


Pizza on the Boardwalk!
1 comment:
It's great you could get away with some friends and get some R & R. I remember my Turkish friend talking about Bodrum. She took a boat trip from there called "The Blue Trip," I recall. Her sister is an accomplished artist--sculptor, I think--Hale Tenger.
Kim
Post a Comment